Populate address on invoice/estimate

This topic is 2388 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I'm really new at this so be gentle.. when creating an invoice or an estimate, and I select an account or contact under Basic Info, the Bill To and Ship To address boxes are auto-populated except for Address 2 and Country. Where would I change this so that it does populate those boxes? These same two boxes are not included on printed (or emailed) invoices or estimates. What would I need to change so that these two boxes are included on as part of the address on printed invoices or estimates?

Hi Reg,

IIUC, you're wanting to to populate these fields with the same data that is in Address 1?

Is this a new database, or an existing database with data already in some of the Address 2 and Country?

If new, then you will want to use the Auto Enter calculation option for the Address 2 field. If you haven't used this function before, watch this short video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBOJtbfSCxg

If existing, let us know.

Lee

• 2 months later...
  • Newbies

Dear Lee

I am fairly new to Starting Point and Filemaker. ( I am using Filemaker Pro 14 Advanced I have a similar problem to that of Reg. I am trying to populate an estimate form by trying to extract  data from the  Contacts, Projects and Products tables. I have imported the relative data in all 3 tables. The problem is that when I open the Estimate Form and click on the project search field a popup Project Search Form appears. Typing the name of the project does not produce any effect on the underlying previously opened Estimate Form. The same happens when I try to insert Contact and Products Data in the Estimate Form. Could you kindly help

Thanks and Regards

Antione

Hello Antoine,

When you imported your data, did you check the box that said "Perform Auto-Enter Options?" if not, that is the issue here.

FM Starting Point relies on our "ID" fields, which are automatically generated, to relate data between two sections. When you Import records, if you don't have FileMaker generate them by checking that box, then the relationships set up will not work.

Thanks,

Jonathan Hogle

This topic is 2388 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.