This topic is 2430 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hey,

I have a question about hosting my filemaker database. If I buy a license for 5 people form here: https://store.filemaker.com/filemaker-cloud , will I also need to purchase 5 normal FileMaker 16 Pro Client licenses so people can actually connect to the database? I don't quite understand how this works yet, maybe someone can help me out. Do I get the client licenses with the purchase of a server license? I need 5 people to be able to access it. Thanks in advance,

Mike

If you use FM Cloud then your licensing will the new "FileMaker Licensing for Teams" and your license will include the FileMaker Pro licenses.   So you get them with the server.  You can download the installers from the FM Cloud admin console.

Note that those FMP clients can not be used standalone, they can only be used to connect to the server.  If you open a local database without connecting to the client the user wil get a prompt after 15 minutes that they need to connect.

• Like 1

Hey,

awesome, thanks for the quick reply, really appreciate it. What about WebDirect? How would that work?

Thanks

Same deal, the connection license is included.  Your users can connect with FMP, FM Go and WebDirect.  But you only get 5 connections total, so if one user connects with all 3 of those then you only have 2 left.

• Like 1

This topic is 2430 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.