360works CloudMail attachments

This topic is 1838 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Sending emails with attachments using AWS and 360works CloudMail plugin

I have the CloudMail plugin working on our system and are using it to send emails from our batch emailing system. It works well complete with attachments (as URL links to uploaded files) but I wanted to make the attachments show on the email like they do with regular emails sent from an email client. i.e. they should show as a file icon, rather than a long-winded URL. It would also be good to show images of single page PDFs and JPGs. Presumably, I would have to incorporate some sort of thumbnail image creation for this. Or is there an easier way I can't think of?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks - Anatole 

Anatole and I corresponded through our support system but I wanted to post here in case anyone else has this question. Currently CloudMail does not support attachments in a traditional sense. The only way to "attach" something to an email sent from CloudMail is to use the function CMUploadResource to upload the file to AWS S3 and then paste that URL into your solution. You can of course use HTML to create a hyperlink in your email to your file. If want to have attachments attached in a traditional sense then the Email plugin will be the better option.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Further to this topic, I now have an excellent attachment upload system working with CloudMail. Before sending a CloudMail campaign, the attachment file and also a thumbnail image is uploaded. The URL of the thumbnail is then embedded in the message text and the file URL linked to the image.

However, occasionally, when email traffic is very high, the upload fails and the returned URL for the file or thumbnail is "?". Is there any way I can persuade FileMaker to wait a little longer for the the URL to be returned? - I suspect this may just be a timing issue.

Many thanks - Anatole

This topic is 1838 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.