Server Maintenance This Week. ×

*fp7 to *fmp12 Conversion

adyf

This topic is 2417 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've just converted a bunch of *fp7 files (Filemaker 11) to *fmp12 files (Filemaker 16). The original files were spread across three folders, but I set the  conversion destination to one folder.

The issue I have is that every time I open Filemaker I am asked to re-establish the paths (can't find file etc) for all related files. After doing this initially I wasn't expecting to have to do this again.

Is there a way to sort this once and for all? Everything seems ok when I look at the external sources. Already made one big mistake by deleting external sources for one file, then adding them again only to find the relationships were broken for good. Re-established them by referring back to the relationship diagram of the *fp7 file.

2 hours ago, Fitch said:

In your external data sources, does it look like:

file:yourFileName

Yes, one for each related file. Is that how it should like or does it require a specific filepath?

Not every file in the folder is related to the other. Should there only be entries for each related file rather than every file within the folder? If so, things look ok so I'm not sure why I'm being asked for filepaths constantly.

Managed to sort this in the end by checking external sources in each file and correcting the filepath if required. I somehow imagined that the filepaths would be corrected automatically as part of the conversion process.

This topic is 2417 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.