Server Busy Error

adyf

This topic is 2367 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

It turns out there's a known compatibility error between 32 and 64 bit versions of FileMaker Pro 16 and MS Outlook 2016 with regard to the send mail script. Both software require the same bit version.

Below FileMaker describe the workarounds:

WORKAROUNDS:

• Use 32-bit Outlook
  • Use SMTP settings to send mail instead of the E-mail client
  • Use the Open URL script step with the following syntax:
    "mailto:[email protected]?subject=This%20is%20the%20subject&[email protected]&body=This%20is%20the%20body"

Firstly I'm awaiting a response from our ICT department regarding a 64 bit version of MS Outlook.

With regard to SMTP, how easy is this to configure with a corporate MS Exchange email account?

Lastly, with regard to the open URL script step, does this have to be kept simple as in the above example? Can you send to multiple people and also insert calculations into the email body?

Or you could install the x-bit version of FileMaker that matches your Outlook.

SMTP - in our office we can't do this from client machines because IT blocks port 25. However, we can use the Perform Script on Server script step to send SMTP mail from the server.

mailto - separate recipients with comma or semicolon (depends on your mail client). You can certainly build the mailto link using calculations, but it's not going to be dynamic, it will be the same body for all recipients.

1 hour ago, Fitch said:

Or you could install the x-bit version of FileMaker that matches your Outlook.

SMTP - in our office we can't do this from client machines because IT blocks port 25. However, we can use the Perform Script on Server script step to send SMTP mail from the server.

mailto - separate recipients with comma or semicolon (depends on your mail client). You can certainly build the mailto link using calculations, but it's not going to be dynamic, it will be the same body for all recipients.

I've spoken to the ICT guy that installed X64 Filemaker Pro 16 and asked him if it came with the X86 installer, he said it didn't.

When you purchase the software, do we know if we should get both installers? Also, do you think that the X86 version would be supplied if we explained our situation? I'm not involved in the procurement process, but suspect that the software came from a third party supplier and not direct from Filemaker.

I will have to look into the Perform Script on Server script step.

• 3 weeks later...

If I could get the 32 bit version of the software installed, would that be ok with the files that have been worked on by the 64 bit version?

This topic is 2367 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.