Open URL Mailto

adyf

This topic is 2395 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Is there any way to achieve a double line break using the open url mailto script step?

I have achieved a single line break using the following:

"&body=Dear All,%0D%0AThe attached route(s) have been added to the route competence database. TOP 006 paperwork received.%0D%0ARegards, Adrian."

Also, is there any way to add mail attachments?

Are you saying that repeating '%0A' doesn't give you additional line breaks?

mailto does not support attachments, but you could upload the file somewhere and include a link to it.

1 hour ago, Fitch said:

Are you saying that repeating '%0A' doesn't give you additional line breaks?

It does, but I was hoping I could get a double line break like the below:

"Dear All,

The attached route(s) have been added to the route competence database. TOP 006 paperwork received.

Regards, Adrian."

It does or it doesn't? You're saying that '%0A%0A' gives you only one line break? If so, try just putting a space (encoded) after the first one.

'%0A%20%0A' or '%0A+%0A'

On 14/09/2017 at 7:17 PM, Fitch said:

mailto does not support attachments, but you could upload the file somewhere and include a link to it.

What would the syntax for the linked file look like? I can't find an example anywhere.

Still struggling unfortunately, thanks for your continued help.

I copied the text from my Open URL script, everything is ok with the resultant email below except there’s no active hyperlink to my file.

"mailto:=John Fower;Paul Bowater;Gerarda Hadfield;Josh Parker;Steve Bramley;Neal Fussey;Graham Crosby" &

"&subject=Lookahead Report" &

"&body=Dear All,%0D%0DPlease find below linked lookahead report.%0D%0DRegards, Adrian.%0D%0D&" &

"&file://G:/Large Files With Links/OTM Planning/Lookahead Report.pdf"

9595F003-D463-47DE-BC4C-2FE536E6B301.jpeg

Regards, Adrian.%0D%0D&" &

"&file:

If you take out the two highlighted ampersands, the link will at least show up as text. It may or may not be clickable depending on the recipient's email client, but they can always copy and paste it.

Have you considered using a plugin for email?

Before jumping into a plugin, you might want to check whether you're able to send mail via SMTP, as that's how any of the plugins will do it. FileMaker has a native script step to send mail with the SMTP option, so see if that works for you. The reasons to replace that with a plugin would be: 1. multiple attachments, and 2. HTML email.

The no-cost plugin options are BaseElements and Scriptmaster. Paid plugins are available from 360Works, CNS, and Dacons.

This topic is 2395 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.