Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Goto Related Record Issue

This topic is 2404 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I’m having a really strange issue with a goto related record script step after converting a file from *fp7 to *fmp12. There was no issue with this in FileMaker 11.

The script step is linked to a button, to go to a related record (same record) based on the same table to a different layout that contains portals based on different tables.

For some reason running the script when a particular record is selected crashes FileMaker 16, and I have to force close the program.

I did think the layout may be corrupt in some way, so duplicated it, deleted the original an renamed the duplicate. I still have the issue.

Strangely, it only appears to happen with one particular record, the script step works fine with all other records I have tried which adds to the mystery. I have tried deleting the offending record, recreating it (assigned a different uniqueID), yet still the problem.

Even if I manually go to the offending layout, then start scrolling through records, as soon as I get to that record FileMaker crashes.

I’ve tried recovering the file to no avail. Is there anything else I can try, I was hoping to not have to build the layout from scratch again.

What sort of data is in this record? Any pictures or other container data? Are you copy/pasting data when you recreate the record, or importing or what?

The table is below. Mainly text and calculation fields. When creating the record again (CTRL+N) I did copy the text from the route pack field into the new record, perhaps I should type it in manually in case the text is corrupt somehow.

DB9D0889-F7FB-493E-B176-4BD40BFB0F36.jpeg

This topic is 2404 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.