Upgrade process from 3 to 4

This topic is 2373 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I have MirrorSync 3 and would liek to upgrade to 4.

My clients are mostly remote and it would be difficult to get all changes synced to the server cleanly before upgrading to 4.

So, I plan to rn 3 and 4 concurrently during the crossover period.

It sounds like my process will be:

1. Export MirrorSync3 settings.

2. Install MirrorSync 4, choosing the 'Hosting Provider' option during install.

3. Import MIrrorSync3 settings to MirrorSync4 and rename the occurrence from the default 'Mirrorsync' to something other than the MirrorSync3 occurrence.

4. Configure the MirrorSync4 settings in the FileMaker File (I assume there are different MirrorSync Scripts/script folders required for version 3 and v4).

5. Allow everyone to continue syncing as normal. As each user downloads a new solution they will switch from MirrorSync3 to MirrorSync 4.

6. Eventually remove MirrorSync 3. 

Can someone who has been down this road please confirm the above strategy.

Is there anything to be aware of in terms of performance when running 3 and 4 on the same box?

Thanks,

ft.

That sounds right. Use this development version, the version on the store does not allow you to change the name of the configuration after importing it (which will conflict with the existing version 3 configuration):

http://s3-external-1.amazonaws.com/com.prosc.support.uploads/Outbound/360Works MirrorSync 4.0018.zip?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAIDQUCQL7APZLJCDA&Expires=1509033162&Signature=BiM%2Bjb%2FB0Hn3V5Gj4AO8vX6ftWo%3D

There shouldn't be any performance problems running both on the same box; MS takes little to no CPU time when a sync is not actually running, and they share the same memory allocation.

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting read... Not wanting to Hi-Jack your post but have a similar question.

How would one upgrade from version 3 to 4 if all devices are synced....

I'm planning to upgrade my Server from 15 to 16 at the same time...(Also not completely sure about the procedure here.)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2 minutes ago, Jesse Barnum said:

This is explained in some detail in the 'IMPORTANT 4.0 update notes.txt' document included with the MirrorSync 4 download.

Thank you Jesse, i cannot exactly rememeber where and how i downloaded the update ver4..

Where do I get this document?

No problem - go to http://mirrorsync.com. If you already have a license key (free or paid), click the link that says 'Download the current version'. Otherwise, click the 'Free download' button, fill in the form, and download MirrorSync. When you unzip the download, you'll see that document in the top level of the download folder.

1 minute ago, Jesse Barnum said:

No problem - go to http://mirrorsync.com. If you already have a license key (free or paid), click the link that says 'Download the current version'. Otherwise, click the 'Free download' button, fill in the form, and download MirrorSync. When you unzip the download, you'll see that document in the top level of the download folder.

Sorry, just extracted the zip file now and found the document..

Thanks Jesse

So the upgrade seems very straight forward...

Ill backup my configuration in case...

;-)

This topic is 2373 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.