Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Data Separation Model and MirrorSync

This topic is 2395 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi guys,

I am trying to set up MirrorSync with a Data Separation Model setup and need a spot of help. I have the DATA file hosted on FMPHost.com, and a local copy of the UI. The documentation states that I must set up MirrorSync in the UI file, then copy that across to the DATA file. However, the setup window only gives me the option to select the DATA file. I'm a bit stuck now, could anyone shed some light on how to proceed?

Thanks in advance!

You can set up MirrorSync on just the data file if you want. The main downside is that the layout and scripts will be in the data file, which means people will need to switch to the data file and have it in the foreground while the sync runs.

Thanks for the help so far. I'm getting there slowly, but I'm still a bit confused. This is my set up:

1) App_DATA hosted on server

2) App_UI hosted on server

3) App_UI points to App_DATA via TO's

I set up MirrorSync, then download the file via "Multiple Files" option. But this is the part where I get stuck. All my TO's in the UI file point to the DATA file on the server. If I am offline, then it brings up the "Can't find database" error when opening the UI file. How exactly should this be structured?

If you are going to use offline copies of the UI and DATA file, then the UI table occurrences will need to point to the offline DATA file, not the hosted copy. You might want to check into the new feature in FM 16 that allows you to use global variables for external data sources. That would make it easy to switch the UI file to point to either a hosted or local DATA file.

This topic is 2395 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.