Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Getting a field to align with the last line on another field

Stickybeak

This topic is 2397 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a 4 column report for an invoice: Date, Activity, Time, Charge in that order from left to right.

Activity can sometimes be 2 or more lines.

I really want the time and charge fields to align horizontally with the last line of the activity field: so if activity is 5 lines long the time and the charge will print on the same line as the 5th line. if activity is only 1 line I want time and charge to print opposite the first line.

I cannot get this to work: I have tried each field aligned in bottom, I have grouped and I have locked.

Can it be done?

Screen Shot 2017-09-30 at 1.51.02 pm.png

Edited by Stickybeak

I don't do these often, so you'll hopefully get better ideas, but I'd make the Units and Unit boxes the same height as the activity box, align bottom and set them both to slide up (which looks to be the trick you've missed out).

But - it would look messy if the units boxes stayed blue...

Cheers,

Mike

In your screenshot - there is no up arrow to indicate that you've set the fields to slide up.

That option is in the inspector under Sliding and Invisibility. - Did you try it and find it didn't work?

Also, they are all currently aligned top rather than bottom. To get the format you want, my first call would be to:

1. Set Activity, time_taken and Charge text boxes to all slide up. (probably also ticking the options for all items above and also resize part.)

2. Bottom align time_taken.

Good luck!

I've just got the view option for showing sliding off.

They are all sliding fields and they all slide: just not quite the way I want them to.

Aligning the time taken field to the bottom causes it to not slide at all.

Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 5.24.11 pm.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 5.24.52 pm.png

Looking closer now!

In a bit of a rush now - try putting the time taken box below a blank box with both set to slide up & select the "objects above" option.

Unless, there's another object out of sight that's not set to slide up"

Sorry - I'm not an expert at this - tends to be a bit trial & error for me too! (I take it the last screen shot is from a preview btw?)

Good luck!

This topic is 2397 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.