Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Multiple Users One Device

This topic is 2376 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hey

Just been digging through the documentation in preparation for install. Excellent work on that front by the way.

I've seen the section on multiple users and one device and the recommendation that each user has their own copy of the file on the device.

I wanted to check to see if the following is true, whether the same file can be used with different people logging in to the same file with their own user account:

• All users belong to the same privilege set
  • All users have access to all records - there are no filters/scripted found sets to limit different users and in the privilege set the Record setting is Create, edit, delete in all tables.

I'm not sure if anything else would need to be true as well. If this were possible then would there be any additional recommendations such as force a sync when the user logs in before anything else happens?

Many thanks

Duncan

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the slow response, I just got back from the Scandinavian Developer Conference so I've fallen behind on emails...

If all users have access to all records, then it should be safe to share the same database file.

This topic is 2376 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.