PDF attachment with Preview

This topic is 2376 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Good day FM Gurus,

Sorry if I am posting in the wrong group. I am hoping someone can help me with a scrip (I think my issue is the script). I am trying to duplicate a solution I saw on you tube but for some reason I am not able to get it to work. Basically, all I want is to be able to add multiple attachments to a data base. Please see my file attached, and hope I can get some help.

Ticket.fmp12

Hi JMart and welcome to the FM Forums,

Yep, this is where I would have posted it. :smile2:

It would be helpful see the which video you are referring to.

See the Private Message I sent you.

Hi JMart,

Sorry, the forum must have a problem with the PMs, as this is the second time this has happened to me this week. 

i just resent the message, and you should have received it by now. Please let me know if you get it this time, or not.

Lee

Hi JMart,

I watched Martha Zink's video, and compared her example file to your own, and there are some differences.

The big difference is that the example file seems to be a different from the one used in the video.  It would seem from the comments on the page, the example file was added later. The most notable thing is the lack of a Popover in the example file where you can choose the type of file to be inserted. Nevertheless, the file still works the way it should without it.

The other differences are between the example file, and your attempt of implementing it. I believe you left off some needed fields, and / or renamed fields and layouts, that can be confusing you and me. it is hard to see what went wrong.

You will learn that when adapting a solution to your own files, you need to copy everything exactly as the example file has it. This might mean to temporary rename things in YOUR file such as Tables.  Here is a Checklist for moving files that you might find helpful because it gives the order on how you should move things. 

Do not try to rename the fields, relationships, etc., until you are sure it works in your file as expected. Once you have it working, you can then make name changes to suit your file. When naming things, try to follow a naming conventions such as suggested in http://filemakerstandards.org/display/cs/Overview  

HTH

Lee

Thank Lee , after review the video and sample file I decided to scrap and do my own think, and so far its working. instead of having a preview in the layout I placed a popover button that shows a preview of the container field. works like a charm.

BTW, thanks for the filemakerstandards site every useful.

thanks  

This topic is 2376 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.