Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Import 1st Record Issue

This topic is 2391 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

For some reason, I can import all 16,153 record except for the 1st record ???

Looking back into the import step, the check box to "not import first record" is grayed and the check box is not checked.

Any ideas ??

Any help I would be grateful.

Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 6.52.33 AM.png

Hi Bcooney and thank you,

It is a request from a client who wants to import then filter a large number of records down to a few.  The test file only has approx 1/10th the records to use for development.

The client has several filters or "Found Sets" he is asking for.  The client states that as the records are filtered through each filter, the records that do not meet that filters criteria I'm to delete them.

The client wants to "Retain" each filter for historical look ups.

I thought to pushed each filter to a new table.  So I built a second table for testing and  I noticed that the 1st record never imported ?? Strange ??  Every attempt I tried has not worked.

I know that the 1st record is usually "Field Names" when importing a file and I have that "Option" in FileMaker whether or not to "Not Import" the 1st record ... however,  since I am exporting / importing to a know table with know fields apparently FileMaker is aware of this and keeps the check box "Unchecked" and greyed out ( Do Not Import 1st record ) ... makes sense, the 1st record in my case contains "DATA" not "Field" names, so the 1st record should export then import.  My guess it is not exporting ... and if you could test for that, I am not sure how to correct it ?

Anyway, I am just trying to understand why the 1st record does not import ... ??? I have no idea why

Edited by Mr. Ignoramus

This topic is 2391 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.