Primary keys as Calculation

This topic is 2346 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi, we are setting up a server to server mirror sync. Today we do not really use Primary keys. We use keys but they are not guaranteed unique. I used a calculated field with UUID to get a Primary key.  But since I used a calculation i cannot really check the boxes "Prohibit modification of value during data entry" or "Unique value". Is there any problem doing it this way?

"If you are using UUID primary keys, be sure to UNCHECK the field options checkboxes that say 'Do not replace existing value of field' and 'Prohibit modification of value during data entry'. Enable the 'Unique value' validation option."

Thanks 

Mikael

Hey Mikael,

You need a primary key in your solution to get it to work with MirrorSync. However, I'm thinking you can change that field in a way that would allow it to be a functioning primary key.  In manage database, can you change that field type from calculation to text, and then go to field options. Under auto-enter, click "calculated value" and specify "get(UUID)".  Then you can also click "prohibit value modification during data entry," and in the validation tab click on "unique value."

I'm thinking the UUID's you currently have in that calculation field should have no problem casting to a text field when you make the switch. Assuming there are no duplicate UUIDs, it should allow you to click that unique value setting as well.

Let me know how that works. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to give us a call or e-mail me.

Junior Perez, 360Works Support

This topic is 2346 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.