Unexpected deletions

This topic is 2364 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

One of my users synced this morning and the sync for some reason removed 20,000 records that should not have been deleted.

I'm sure is a HUMAN PROBLEM - NOT MIRRORSYNC.  This is a very remote user who uses the system rarely. I am trying to stop the bleeding before looking for the cause, but I am going to guess he did something like sync an archived, very old version of our solution.

I've been able to recover the database from backup.

I have disabled syncing for now. The 'problem user' will not sync again.

Is there something I should now do to repair the data to bring the recovered/restored database in line with MirrorSync?

Is now the time to use either 'Repair SyncData' or 'Reset Sync Data'?

Many thanks,

ft.

We'll need the server log file in order to do any troubleshooting on this. Go to the MirrorSync launch page in your browser (http://yourserveraddress/MirrorSync), click the 'Send problem report and log files', and add any details about what happened (it may not be me looking at it, so repeat what you've posted here on the forum). In your case, be sure to also set the date to when the deletion occurred, so that it will send the log files for that date.

I don't think repair or reset sync data is very likely to be relevant in this case.

This topic is 2364 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.