slow performance

This topic is 8232 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm sharing a Filemaker database on my small intranet via web companion. However, submitting a record takes forever (5-10 minutes). The server is an NT box running Filemaker and the workstations are connected via 100MPS cards. No other apps have issues running over the network.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

There have been many cautions on these forums against running scripts in a browser solution. If one of your scripts involves a loop, that is probably the cause of your slowness problem.

If you have a looping script, you may want to examine my recent postings on the cdml forum regarding the looping script. I have provided code and structure for you to experiment with a looping script as well as a multi-user request on a script or scripts.

Don't use a script for that... put the -mailto, -mailsub, -mailformat etc CDML codes in your format field and get web companion to processa nd send the e-mail directly.

The less scripts that run the better, but it also gets one extra application off your server, which IMHO is even better. Also the Send Mail step doesn't support many mail clients, and the mail clients have to set to automatically send mail on check to work... complicated eh?

The submit process the selected address. That is, they select the address from the list then click the button. (Somebody might suggest a java auto-submit of some description too.)

It can be done, try it and work the process through.

This topic is 8232 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.