issues with iText 7

This topic is 2269 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have been trying to follow the tutorial for iText 7 and and coming unstuck quite early on and not sure if it is a change in the way the jars are loaded or as a result of using standalone JVM...

As you know I might just have a lot of expertise with v5 and have no problems, but I also can't use 7 with older scriptmaster as there is MajorVersion issue as it requires later than Java 6

Anyone care to be enlightening??

Ryan

Downloaded and installed the new jars, and loaded them in the normal way.

Working through the simplest example in their jumpstart tutorial as soon as I get to stage 4 - adding text to the document - I am getting a class not found error..

a bit more detail here.. but no real answer

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47168463/itext-7-jumpstart-with-flat-battery

it not a win/mac issue as have tried on both platforms, just trying to troubleshoot form both ends without really knowing where to start..

thanks

Hi John,

It doesn't look like the class is actually missing but rather it can't be initialized. If you look at the plugin logs there might be something in the stack that might elude to why.  It might also be worth calling SMGetLoadedJars to see if the IO jar shows up.

• 2 months later...

Ryan 

This looks to be fixed with ScriptMaster 5.09 and the latest iText 7.1.0 from Maven - on the Mac at least.

Will let you know how I get on with testing, see in DocInfo for proof

00.pdf

Edited by john renfrew
  • Like 1

This topic is 2269 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.