New record very slown

reynir

This topic is 2353 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi 

I am experiencing strange behavior in creating new records. Using FileMaker Pro 13 Advanced.

When I have 1000 records in a table the "New record " button takes about 40-60 seconds to create a new record but when I have 50 records it takes very short time to perform the same task.

The table I have has 122 fields and the layout some script triggers etc.

The same thing happens when I open the file in FIleMaker 14 to 16.

I have tried to make a new layout with only few fields on it and no script triggers and the same thing happens.

Any ideas what can cause this issue?

Regards,

Reynir.

Hi Reynir

If changing the layout makes no difference, then I suppose it must be something in your field definitions that causes FileMaker to do a great deal of work each time a new record is created.

It would be possible to put something in a calculation field (or in the 'Auto Enter Calculation) box that was recursive, or tried to perform complicated Sum calcs on all existing records (maybe the found set). It sounds like it is getting exponentially worse with more records in your DB, so I can only speculate it is something in your Field Definitions.

If you posted the file maybe we could take a look for you and see if we get the same issue? It must be something fairly simple.

Hi 

I have older version of the file that I compared with the newest version and there are only two new fields added. I copied the data from the table in the corrupt file to the old file and the New record button and the new record script step works excelent there.

I will continue to compare the files to see if something is different in the old file and the new file.

Regards,

Reynir.

This topic is 2353 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.