Server Maintenance This Week. ×

constant crashes after upgrade to High Sierra

This topic is 2326 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am still on FMSP 4.2v7 and FMP 13 so I understand if this is something that's not fixable or that you can't help me with. But I thought I'd bring it up in case it's something that I could resolve on my own with a nudge...

I just updated my Mac to OS High Sierra and now FMP crashes when I do a number of things in FMSP. It consistently does so when I try to delete an invoice line item using the red X and also sometimes when I try to perform a search for a a project, account, or contact for the top part of the data invoice entry screen. In all cases, the FMP crash occurs at the confirmation pop up when I click confirm, not when I press the red X or the magnifying glass.

Console has this to say:

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000070000020
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

I figured out a workaround for the invoice line items (ie. going to the invoices line items module and deleting there), but I have yet to figure out a workaround for the top part of the invoices.

I am not in a position to be able to upgrade FMP at this time so I cannot upgrade FMSP,  but I rely on FMSP for the smooth running of my business and am at a bit of a loss with it not running properly. So any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Rae

Edited by RaeC

• 2 weeks later...

Rae,

Unfortunately, FileMaker 13 is not supported with OSX High Sierra.

To fix this issue, you'll need to either update FileMaker to FileMaker 15 or FileMaker 16, or rollback your computer to an earlier version of OSX.

Thanks,

Jonathan Hogle

Just wanted to update to say that I bit the bullet and updated FM. *gulp* There does not seem to be any issues using an older version of the solution with a newer version of FMP and everything is working as it should. Thanks again for the help on this issue and also for providing this solution that really makes a difference in how I am able to efficiently run my fledgling little business.

This topic is 2326 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.