Strange Portal Behaviour

adyf

This topic is 2318 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Quite recently I upgraded from FM11 to FM16 and converted a bunch of files. I since appear to have a portal that isn't always displaying the correct records.

The first screenshot below, shows the layout based on the Route Packs table, with three portals based on different tables stacked down the left hand side. The portal that is displaying strange behaviour is the bottom most portal, although on this record (Armley Jn - Dockfield Jn) it is displaying the correct records.

The uppermost portal is showing two records which are the route pack sections that make up the route pack (Armley Jn - Dockfield Jn), the middle portal shows the Train Drivers that have this route pack section records in a competence table, and the bottom portal shows the route pack sections from the competence table including the days to expiry (for competence) together with a Days To Expiry COUNT summary field sorted by EmployeeID in the competence table. In this example, all records are showing correctly,  two route pack sections multiplied by six Train Drivers equals 12 records in the competence table.

y4meRyJTEg-j3O-Wa32ECF5SWJotRiUjT0MhDct8

In this record below, there should be 22 records in the lowermost competence table but there's blanks.

y4mJXmSuCedahIr6JfATdrFl0r2ucZYzmK6doHIp

In the next example there is the required number of records in the competence table portal, but there is four records for David Moorhouse. Two of those records should show for Ian Murray.

y4mSiWqCCGsUaErqUhBIyhtpjQzBg8nVX0l0hwmz

There doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason to any of the above examples. I have tried the following to no avail.

- Created a new layout and copied and pasted the portal in case the layout was corrupt.

- Created a new layout and recreated the portal from scratch in case the portal was corrupt.

- Created a new EmployeeID field in the competence table and used this in the sort for the Days To Expiry COUNT summary field which is what the portal is sorted on.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions I could try, there doesn't appear to be a pattern to the erratic behaviour and strangely sometimes the portal displays correctly.

• Newbies

I wouldn't really be able to say for sure what's going on in your solution with the little information available. However the two things that I would be looking at is:

• What is the bottom portal "competence table" relation based on?
  • (Most likely) Corrupt or incomplete records in the competence table.

The latter is what I suspect the most due to the fact that the portal is showing several "blank" records.

I wonder if it's some kind of data caching / refresh issue. What happens when you choose Records > Refresh Window? Or a script with Refresh Window where you enable the "Flush" options?

Have you tried restarting the server? Are you running the latest client update (16.0.3)?

This topic is 2318 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.