Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Getting pop up for connection not encrypted after upgrade filemaker 16

Genelia

This topic is 2323 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi Guys,

Just recently i have installed fielmaker 16 server and deployed all files on it. Now users are connecting it through citrix but we are getting 1 pop up which always show while you open application . It says "Your connection is not encrypted and shows 2 options of "Connect" and "Cancel". we have to connect option everytime while connecting and opening files. Earlier in 14 we was not getting such issues.

DO you have solution to resolve this issue. i am attaching that error message. Please help me out. pls see attachment.

ALso we have other files from another server and all those files are missing after open. I also put  open file step in beginning of code to open those files from another server , but t his works sometime and not. 

Capture_error.PNG

Edited by Genelia
other issue

Security is certainly  not my expertise (calling Stephan B. and Wim), but looks as if you didn't install a SSL Certificate and have in the Server Admin SSL Connections section, select [x] Use SSL for database connections.

See https://www.filemaker.com/help/16/fms/en/index.html#page/fms%2Fconfig_dbserver_security.html%23

Also, with a cert. the host should be specified by its domain, not its IP.

Alternatively, tick the box "always permit connection" and it won't appear on that workstation any more. It'll need to be done once on every FileMaker client.

As for the invisible databases, open the database (locally) on a client, navigate to "File->Sharing->Share with FileMaker Clients". You can hide the DB from the Launch Centre, and also specify the accounts that can open the DB. Generally you would set it to "All Users", and show the DB in the Launcher.

Thanks, Yes there is not any problem for click on connect pop up once but my critical problem is that ... i have few files on another server and they are added in external data source . but they are not opening even after open file step in intial of openapplication. 

For example i have server A and having 1,2,3,4,5 files

i have another server B and there having 6,7,8,9

Now on  SErver A , on file 1,  i am using file 7 ( by add them in Exteral data source..using lots of valuelist and data )which is from another server .but now that file 7 (which is hosted on another server ) so all realated data which is from file 7 not showing. I put "Open file F7" step at initial of opening FILE A.

BUt it is not working. I need help how i can connect files of another server Prefect.

Appreciate your help..

This topic is 2323 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.