jdbc drivers and 5.07

This topic is 2251 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

ScriptMaster 5.07 uses Java 9 now. ( @360works - would be nice to have that in the changelog )

if you are using the Microsoft JDBC drivers at all then they are not currently compatible with Java 9 

the _dev driver mentioned in this link does work, although still not a final driver (as tested here - YMMV)

https://github.com/Microsoft/mssql-jdbc/issues/549

Put it into the /lib folder in your contents/Home in the JDK folder for the plugin or create an /ext folder inside it.

• 1 month later...

Hi Vince,

The most recent version of ScriptMaster, 5.09, will use Java 9 on a Mac and Java 8u152 on Windows regardless of what version of Java is installed on the machine or if it is installed at all. Our new framework does not require the machine to have Java installed but rather will download and store a specific JRE and only run it while the plugin is enabled. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ryan,

On 7. Februar 2018 at 6:29 PM, ryan360Works said:

Hi Vince,

The most recent version of ScriptMaster, 5.09, will use Java 9 on a Mac and Java 8u152 on Windows regardless of what version of Java is installed on the machine or if it is installed at all. Our new framework does not require the machine to have Java installed but rather will download and store a specific JRE and only run it while the plugin is enabled. 

is it possible to force the download of the needed JRE? Since I still have problems accessing container fields I was wondering if there is an old JRE blocking the function.

Regards,
Thorsten

Hi Thorsten, 

The download of the JRE should automatically happen if the necessary JRE does not exist on your machine. I suppose you could delete the 360Works folder that the JRE is stored in to get the download to occur again at the next start of FileMaker as sort of a way to force the download.  With that being said, the JRE is essentially sandboxed and will only run when FileMaker is running and the plugin is enabled so any old JREs previous iterations of the plugin might have downloaded won't run unless the particular version of the plugin that downloaded it is running somewhere.  

Hi Ryan,

On 20. Februar 2018 at 8:31 PM, ryan360Works said:

Hi Thorsten, 

The download of the JRE should automatically happen if the necessary JRE does not exist on your machine. I suppose you could delete the 360Works folder that the JRE is stored in to get the download to occur again at the next start of FileMaker as sort of a way to force the download.  With that being said, the JRE is essentially sandboxed and will only run when FileMaker is running and the plugin is enabled so any old JREs previous iterations of the plugin might have downloaded won't run unless the particular version of the plugin that downloaded it is running somewhere.  

I tried that. After restarting Filemaker SM downloads JRE 1.8.0_152. But I still can't access container fields. Maybe there is a hint in the log file (attached)?

Regards,
Thorsten

360Plug-ins_Server.log

This topic is 2251 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.