Server Maintenance This Week. ×

No of contacts not matched

This topic is 2302 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I just imported all the contacts and it indicates that record count : 2425 record(s) but my address book has only 2423 cards. How can I reconcile the 2 contacts.

I am using High Sierra 10.13 with FMPA 14.

Kindly advise the necessary. Thank you.

Screen Shot 2018-01-03 at 9.05.16 PM.png

Just a quick follow-up regarding this:

Apple Contacts has an automatic contact linking feature that will link contact records that come from multiple sources (such as Exchange, Facebook, iCloud, etc.) into a single contact card. That way, if there are, for instance, 3 contact records for "John Smith" with the similar information, Apple Contacts will condense the three records into one, and reference the sources in the "Links" section of the contact card. The Address Book Manipulator plug-in does not read condensed/linked contact records when accessing them in memory, and will pull three separate contact cards for "John Smith" in the example above. As a note, the data for each contact record is maintained after being linked; there is no lost information.

To reconcile which contacts are linked, a developer may perform a find in FileMaker after pulling contacts and compare those duplicate records with matching records in Apple Contacts.

Hopefully that helps!

- PCIPal

This topic is 2302 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.