Create new table from Existing Field

ash1474

This topic is 2274 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi Everyone,

I have my working solution with 10k+  records within one of the tables field i want to create new table, How can i create new table from already existing field. To clear my point i have made a demo/sample file. 

I have a TableA with ID and two fields Person Name and Office Name. How can I make new TableB using field Office Name from TableA and keep the existing records.

OR How can i split TableA into TableB using field Office Name and give it ID/auto enter serial.

Thanks in Advance for any Help.

split_table.fmp12

Edited by ash1474

Setup TableB by copying the fields names you will be moving. I think you will have more than the office field to move, you will probably include office Phone, Address, street, PO, city, state, zip, etc. I'm guessing because you used generic names, and not all of the fields.

Export the chosen fields from TableA to an new file temp, and then import the records into TableB.

Here is your file modified.

Lee

split_table_MOD.fmp12

8 hours ago, Lee Smith said:

Setup TableB by copying the fields names you will be moving. I think you will have more than the office field to move, you will probably include office Phone, Address, street, PO, city, state, zip, etc. I'm guessing because you used generic names, and not all of the fields.

Export the chosen fields from TableA to an new file temp, and then import the records into TableB.

Here is your file modified.

Lee

split_table_MOD.fmp12

Thank you Mr Lee i will give it a try and let you know of the result.

This topic is 2274 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.