Server Maintenance This Week. ×

BE_Execute System Command

This topic is 2287 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I understand this is an old thread, however I am having an issue with this and I am using BE_ExecuteSystemCommand.

I am working on using the baseelements plugin to convert a file. 
I have the BE_ExportFieldContents working properly, but I am not having much luck with converting the file using ffmpeg. 
I have 
BE_ExecuteSystemCommand ("ffmpeg -i \"/Library/FileMaker Server/Data/Documents/IMG_4039.MOV\" -acodec copy \"/Library/FileMaker Server/Data/Documents/robert.m4v\""; 15000) 
Which doesnt seem to work. 
I have used terminal to get it working successfully with 
ffmpeg -i "/Library/FileMaker Server/Data/Documents/IMG_4039.MOV" -acodec copy "/Library/FileMaker Server/Data/Documents/robert.m4v" 
I have also tried 
BE_ExecuteSystemCommand ("/bin/bash -c ffmpeg -i \"/Library/FileMaker Server/Data/Documents/IMG_4039.MOV\" -acodec copy \"/Library/FileMaker Server/Data/Documents/robert.m4v\""; 15000)

I have used the BE_ExecureSystemCommand successfully by calling 
BE_ExecuteSystemCommand ("osascript -e 'tell app \"Finder\" to display dialog \"Hello World\"'"; 60000) 
adding /bin/bash -c before the above code does not seem to work. 
I am on a mac running filemaker pro advanced using filemaker server.

Also can I call the BE_ExportFieldContents using perform script on server. I couldnt seem to get it working, but the script schedule worked, as well as a local script not performed on the server.

Thank you for any help.

Edited by rramsdale

Old Thread I'm splitting this off into a new thread in Scripts, because the old thread was not a post as a Base Element question, it was only suggestion in a Reply. Hopefully having Base Element in the title will attract more attention.

Sounds like you're converting a video file, which might take some time.

The Base Elements documentation says:

A result of 12000 is a plugin error : Timeout exceeded.

Try checking for the error with BE_GetLastError. The error numbers are NOT FileMaker error codes.

This topic is 2287 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.