New to Server

This topic is 2278 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi All,

I have been using Filemaker since ver3 but only for my own use, at work and at home, but only for my needs. Currently I've created a couple apps that I would like to share with my coworkers when they are out in the field so I bought a little server and am trying to download filemaker server 16 onto it. I bought it specifically with windows 7 pro because I had read that was a good os for it but after trying to install and it not working, I see now I should have purchased windows server. 

Can I get some help as to what I actually need. I would like to run my apps through web browser or fmp go and I would like to not spend a lot. I would appreciate any advice.

Thank you. Also, please note that although I'm not completely new to fmp or computers, I am not strong at anything beyond a personal use level, so if you would, please  keep your assistance to vocabulary that will make sense to me.

Edited by ndgates
grammar

If your coworkers in the field have internet access (that is, you don't need them to be able to work offline), then you might look at deploying via FMCloud. No need for server hardware/software that you maintain. With FMCloud, they will be able to access the database using FMGo, FM client or WebDirect. http://www.filemaker.com/purchase/store/faq-cloud.html

This topic is 2278 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.