Noél Dubau

Link on a word to url

Hello

Sorry if the question has been asked in this forum but I don't find if it's possible (and how) to click on a word in a text field and get a link opened in the navigator.

I join a minimal FMP 12 file to make may question more evident

Thanks and regards

Noël

texteVersurl.fmp12

Right click on the text and format it as a button. Tell it to do a single step: go to UEL. In that function you can specify the URL.

11 hours ago, Agnes Riley said:

Right click on the text and format it as a button. Tell it to do a single step: go to UEL. In that function you can specify the URL.

Thanks for that way I knew ; my hope was to click on various words oft the text and affect a different linkto everyone !

Noël (dreamer)

Please explain what you mean. 

Do you mean that you'd like to send a different link to different people? Who are the different people and how would the link be different?

Maybe post a small simple file to show?

In the sample file posted in my first message I hoped a possibility when a click occured on "à ce site" to reach to the url of  Fmsource ... But it doesn't seem possible !

Well, you can't format parts of the text as a URL. I'm assuming you were thinking how it's done in Microsoft Word or HTML. The text in FM is formatted (font, size, style), but that's about it. Or like on a web page.

But in FileMaker there are always workarounds. So, what you could do is get the text as HTML, throw it in a webviewer and put merge fields in. Then those merge fields you could replace with properly formatted links. Then people could click on them and that would take them to a web site.