Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Calendar - How to add new fields to date boxes on the layout

This topic is 2212 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi

I have been trying to use the calendar on the FM starting point. And I have been playing around with the fields in the add task button to see what field will display what. I want to adjust it so it can add in one other things. but when I do to say the calendar layout for the month and go to edit it just shows c_diplay boxes but I am struggling to find out where the set is to tell it what to display and where. I know in this free solutions package everything seems to be slightly interlinked. The task option is linked to the calendar one, but I am stuggling to see where it is setup to display what fields in each date box?

What I wanted to do is add say another activity list to it... 

basically what I want it to do is less an activity for the day and more display things we are shooting for the day. so once I had learnt where it was telling the c_display what to display from the add task window and where int eh box I cold then add my own fields such as sc number, set, location etc etc.FM_Starting_Point_509uk.fmp12FM_Starting_Point_509uk.fmp12FM_Starting_Point_509uk.fmp12

also how to change it from Sunday start

I am using filmmaker pro advanced 15 and using it on a mac

I have attached the file I am using.... 

thank you for any help anyone can give pointing me in the right direction 

Sarah

FM_Starting_Point_509uk.fmp12

Edited by littlered136

• 2 months later...

Hello littelred,

The Calendar in FMSP can be quite confusing, and is by far the most complex part of FM Starting Point. So much so that we have two separate videos about it in our FileMaker Pro 15 Video Training Course.

That being said, it would be difficult and impractical to write out each aspect of the calendar, where all the data comes from, etc.

Do you have access to that course? If not, you can purchase it here (http://learningfilemaker.com/fmpro15.php). The videos I mentioned are:

#0213 - Calendar Under the Hood Part 1

#0213 - Calendar Under the Hood Part 2

If you'd like, you could also email us at [email protected] and I can set you up with a free one hour coaching session where we might be able to point you in the right direction at least. Just make sure you mention this post so i know who you are!

Thanks,

Jonathan Hogle

This topic is 2212 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.