Server Maintenance This Week. ×

This topic is 2268 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I have a customer who would like to to change all his date fields to display 2018 Feb 9 ( YYYY/MM/DD ) vs 2/9/2018 ( MM/DD/YYY ).

All worked except to for the "DateTime" stamp option.  Why !!!!!!

If FileMaker manages its date and time by a numeric value 123456789 ... why would FileMaker care how I want to display.

So I created two fields; one was just "DATE", the other "DATETIME STAMP".

Date: 2/9/2018 custom formatted in ( Inspector ) to >> 2018 Feb 9 - Not a problem it displayed perfectly ( YYYY/MM/DD ).

DateTime Stamp 2/9/2012 custom formatted in ( Inspector ) to >> 2018 Feb 9 - yet FileMaker ignores the custom format and displays 2/9/2018 regardless.

So I'm confused,  If "FileMaker" utilizes a numeric concept, then ignores it's own rule ?  Is there a reason ??

Edited by Mr. Ignoramus

Lee,

No, this is in the "Field" set up option when you create fields.

The customer has a date field set to "On Creation" DateTime stamp

Lee,

The normal "Date" field set up is fine,  Filemaker honors the custom date formatting ... but no the "DateTime" stamp ...

Customer was just utilizing FileMaker field option when he created his table.  As do I ... ?? So frustrating ...

Lee,

Thank you ... creating additional fields to calculate the Date and Time stamp separately was what was needed so FileMaker's custom date format could work. 

Apparently the "DateTime" stamp ignores the "Custom" formatting and only uses the operating system set up.

Anyway, thank you.

This topic is 2268 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.