Complex search form: boolean search in same field

This topic is 2232 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I have a database of the staff of my lab. They belong to various teams (1, 2, 3...), have specific position (technician, engineer, researcher,... ), and other specific information.

One of the function of this database is to be used to send grouped emails. For instance, to the staff of Team 1, to technicians, etc. As for now, the users have access to a model (a search form) where they can select the team and the position of the people to whom they want to send the mail. 

My problem: how can I do to allow my users to select the staff of, let's say, Team 1 and Team 2. Or send a mail to Technicians and Researchers? Of course, I cannot display a check box for these fields, the search will return no results since FMP will search for people belonging to Team 1 AND 2 and not Team 1 OR Team 2 (the same holds true for the position).

Is there a simple way to do it: an 'OR' search within the same field? I find it strange that there is no obvious way in FMP to do a boolean search within the same field...

Many thanks in advance!

Have you tried this as the find for OR?

Enter Find Mode

enter search data for Team 1 (or whatever)

New Record Request

enter search data for Team 2 (or whatever)

Perform Find

This topic is 2232 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.