Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Scribe Fehlermeldung beim Excel öffnen

This topic is 2204 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello,

we use your plugin Scribe for editing Excel files in our Filemaker solution.
Since a few days we get an error message when calling the method "ScribeDocLoad" (see appendix) for newer Excel files.
Older Excel files from the beginning of 2018 are not affected.
So we wanted to ask if there might be a problem with the error in Scribe.

We are currently using:
Filemaker Pro Advance version 16.0.3.302
Microsoft Excel 2016 Ver. 16.0.9029.2253 64-bit
Scribe version 3.08

In the appendix you will find an Excel file that throws an error message when opening with Scribe.

With kind regards
Christian Chojnacki

Click to choose files

Mappe1.xlsx

ErrorMessage Filemaker_Scribe.png

Hey Christian,

We recently identified that with the latest version of Excel, whether it generates a file or seemingly just touches it, the file becomes unloadable by Scribe. I'm assuming it's manipulating the file formatting in a way that causes our plugin to not be able to parse through it correctly. Our Scribe developer is aware and will be working on this issue. I'll post back on this Forum when we come up with a fix. If you'd like, please shoot me an email ([email protected]) and I can alert you directly when everything's been resolved. 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. 

Junior Perez

• 2 weeks later...
  • Newbies
On ‎22‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 8:25 PM, Junior360Works said:

Hey Christian,

We recently identified that with the latest version of Excel, whether it generates a file or seemingly just touches it, the file becomes unloadable by Scribe. I'm assuming it's manipulating the file formatting in a way that causes our plugin to not be able to parse through it correctly. Our Scribe developer is aware and will be working on this issue. I'll post back on this Forum when we come up with a fix. If you'd like, please shoot me an email ([email protected]) and I can alert you directly when everything's been resolved. 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. 

Junior Perez

Hi, we have the same issue here in Belgium. It has become problematical because we are using this method for generating maintenance reports for our technicians. We are not able anymore to upload maintenance excel files.

Could anyone reply me as soon as possible when there is a solution or workaround?

Thanks,

Jurgen

Hi Jurgen,

There is currently not a workaround other than using Excel files generated in an older version of Excel. We are currently working on the issue but I do not have an ETA as to when it will be available.

This topic is 2204 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.