Have I locked myself out?

suzieyoga

This topic is 2176 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

(I'm not actually sure where to post this so forgive me if it's in the wrong place?)

Once again I find myself in deep FM water with no wading boots. I am using FM Advanced 16.0.1.162, and Mac OS 10.13.4. In the screenshot, it's the field "Status" that's the focus of my question. The screenshot is arranged so that the Inspector is adjacent to the field I'm asking about ("Status").

Status is a text field. Validation is limited to a Value List. After I moved the Status field to the layout, I needed to change the appearance to use Radio Buttons conforming to the Value List.

But, I can't select  the "Control Style" field in order to change it. 

I've seen situations before that are similar (a layout Zoom layer laced for instance due to a script), but that's not the case here, as far as I can tell.  What did I do wrong here?

Cannot Edit.jpg

Maybe I have poorly stated the question as there are no answers…So, here's a condensed version:

1. I am in Layout Mode;

2. I am looking at Inspector/ Data;

3. I can't place the cursor focus in "Placeholder text"

In other words the text box cannot be activated.

I am certain that I've done something very basic but I don't know where to start looking?

the object is grouped - you need to select the field object from the object picker inside the group in order to edit the attributes in the inspector.

Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 1.01.24 PM.png

I am not worthy…

Thank you.

[I just learned that if you allow your Mac to show notifications you can be notified when someone responds on this form, a fact perhaps obvious to many but not to me. Very handy indeed.]

Edited by suzieyoga
Bad spelling
  • Like 1

This topic is 2176 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.