Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Run script in Preview Mode in Web Direct?

This topic is 2004 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

(This might be more for the Script forum but since this will be taking place in Web Direct--where some script steps won't work with script triggers (e.g., OnObjectKeystroke)--I thought this would be the best place for my query; if not, moderator please move this thread to a more appropriate forum.)

Here's the problem (please see attachments): I have a layout with a list that includes the field, Indicator, that varies widely in length; I have the Inspector > Sliding & Visibility set for Slide up based on: Also resize the enclosing part. In Preview Mode it looks much better than in Browse mode, BUT, I want to assign two, separate scripts where if the user clicks the Course number it takes them to its related table and if s/he clicks on a proposed button it'll show them that course's artifacts. (I'm trying to get SuperContainer to work but am having setup problems with it at the moment.)

There are two ways to go in my thinking: In Preview Mode, how would you get a script to work (in Web Direct) to accomplish the above, OR, is there some way to to shrink-to-fit the Indicator field in Browse mode?

TIA for your help!

Rich

Screen Shot 2018-05-21 at 2.16.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-21 at 2.16.42 PM.png

Edited by WF7A
Spelling error

there isn't a function in WD that will slide objects accordingly. you have to set it to the largest item or a smaller item and a disclosure popover to show more content.

Not yet, but they'll be stored externally--I'm still putting the solution together so there's no captured data to worry about.

Edited by WF7A

I like it! I suspect the Assessment team--who'll be using this--won't want to read every Indicator at length so considering my audience that's an elegant solution.

Edited by WF7A
Grammar police

i can't remember if horizontal alignment works on wd - but in order to only show one or two rows of text you could use padding so that you don't see partial cut off text. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

This topic is 2004 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.