splash screen shows in Runtimes

This topic is 2157 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have un-checked FM Books Connector in preferences/plugins for all installed FM versions, yet when I create runtimes, the splash screen shows every time the app is run. I don't think my clients see it, but it wastes 30 seconds of my time every time I run the apps. These apps do not use FM Books Connecter.

Since I've un-checked the plugin in preferences for all my installed FM versions, what else do I have to do to suppress the splash screen in the runtimes (it doesn't show when running FM Pro or FM Pro Advanced)?

Hi tomp,

When the runtime initializes, even if the plug-in is disabled in the preferences for FileMaker Pro, the runtime still will have the plug-in "loaded" for the runtime; runtimes will load from their personal Extensions folder, or also from the common Extensions folders that all FileMaker Pro applications will load plug-ins from. If you want to have the runtime load without a splash screen from the plug-in, since the runtime doesn't use the plug-in's functions, you should move the plug-in file from the common Extensions folder to the Extensions folder belonging to your primary FileMaker Pro program. An example would be to move it from:

C:/Users/(user)/AppData/Local/FileMaker/Extensions/PCFMBooksConnector.fmx (or .fmx64)

to:

C:/Users/(user)/AppData/Local/FileMaker/FileMaker Pro Advanced/16.0/Extensions/PCFMBooksConnector.fmx (or .fmx64)

That way, the plug-in will only load for FileMaker Pro 16, and not for any other instance of FileMaker, runtimes included. Once the move is done, the plug-in should only be detectable by FileMaker Pro 16, and the runtime should not see any splash screen.

- Chris "CT"

Thank you. That did it. Had no idea how that worked.

I noticed that my QBO Connector Plugin was already in the 16.0 Extensions folder. Guess that went there automatically when it was installed.

Thanks again. Mission accomplished!

That's correct. When the plug-in is installed via the Install Plug-in script step, it gets put into the specific version's Extensions folder (16.0 in this case).

Either way, I'm glad it's working for you now! Happy to help!

- Chris "CT"

This topic is 2157 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.