Changing colour of "status" in invoices list view

This topic is 2128 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

My clients pay me into one of two PayPal accounts and I want to track where each invoice is paid. So I went to the "status" field in the invoice layout and changed the existing "Paid" entry to one with a descriptor of the account and then I created a second "Paid" entry for the other account. 

When I went to List view, the two paid fields went from bold dark blue to just black, same as the "Sent" entry (FMP 3 attached image). Active stayed red, though. I poked around and found a place where I could manipulate "Sent" and the two "Paids," but it changed the formatting (added the lines you see in the image FMP) and also made "Sent" in blue bold font rather than black regular weight font.

How can I make the two "Paid" entries match the old "Paid" in both colour, size, and weight or, even better, be able to make the US/CAD Paid in Blue and the MXN Paid in green?

Thank you!

Rae

FMP.png

FMP 2.png

FMP 3.png

I thought I'd share my workaround in case anyone else wants to do this. It's not convenient since you have to change each entry manually every time you use it, but at least the end result is what I want. I've spent hours going through the layouts trying to find the screen that makes Active bold red by default, but it's obviously buried and not something a novice can change.

So in List view regular mode (not Layout), you can actually highlight the text that you want to change the colour of and manually change it above. It will unfortunately also change the colour of the status at the top right instead of keeping it white, but I can live with that.224153284_FMP4.thumb.png.c5e8901f13a77021d79bda4ab45a4233.png

I just Googled conditional formatting to see if it's what it sounds like. It would appear that this is item was formatted by the developers. I'll have to see how and even if the steps in this apply to my version of FMP and this solution. https://fmhelp.filemaker.com/help/16/fmp/en/index.html#page/FMP_Help/conditional-formatting.html

Really appreciate the hint/breadcrumb. Thank you!

ETA: The instructions for version 16 work for version 14! Thank you again, my layout looks like I want it to look and behaves perfectly. :)

Edited by RaeC

I've been mucking about in FMSP for about five years now so I'm sure my file is a complete mess as I have almost no idea what I'm doing when I modify things, but here's a mostly blank cloned file (I made some dummy entries to show the invoice status colours in list view).

FM_Starting_Point_4_Copy_Clone.fmp12.zip

Hi Rae

I should pick up on this before, this is a starting point file which they support because of the in depth of the file. Quickly speaking, I noticed that the Conditional formatting of the two layouts have different formulas, and will not provide the same results as each other.

See the attached.

CF status Inv Detail.png

CF Paid MXN.png

For this, you mean a difference between Details and List View, correct? I had noted that discrepancy, but didn't investigate it since I don't care as much about the colours of the status in Details view the way that I do in List View. Thanks for nudging me there so it'll take less time to fix. :)

This topic is 2128 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.