New Record Navigation Portal Feature in FM17

Hijack

This topic is 2120 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I love the new pre-existing self-join portal option for displaying a portal that is reflective of the current found set and navs to the record clicked in the portal on the currently layout.  I was hoping to add some functionality on top of this by buttonizing the fields displayed in the portal so that if a Shift modifier key was pressed when clicking, the clicked record would open in a new window to allow side-by-side comparision of the current record and the newly opened one.  Otherwise, if the Shift key was not pressed during the click, the script simply terminates and the default nav behavior takes place.

However, it looks like the behavior of a pre-existing self-join portal is to always nav to the record clicked even if a script is launched from the click.  The end result for me in this scenario is that I have two windows showing the same record.

Anyone know if what I'm trying to do is possible with the pre-existing self-join portal or am I spitting into the wind?  Nothing I have tried can override the behavior of going to the clicked record after the called script has completed.

Thanks

I was thinking a keystroke trigger:

Specifically Get(TriggerKeystroke) and Get(TriggerModifierKeys)

But that won't work with a click, but with a key combo that you choose.

I guess you don't want to use a simple button on the portal row, with the basic GTRR, new window!

Edited by Steve Martino

This topic is 2120 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.