Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Trial Email plugin user - "Please Wait"

This topic is 2131 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I just downloaded a trial version of 360Works Email plugin 3.1. I'm looking at it to replace Dacons MailIt.

On launch of FileMaker Pro Advanced (16.0.5) on Mac Sierra 10.12.6 (16G1408) a box comes up that says, "Please Wait" as the title, and the message "Preparing plug-ins for first use" with a progress bar. The percentage very slowly increases. I went to lunch, and when I came back, it was only up to 23%, so I did a force-quit of FileMaker (there isn't a Quit menu item).

I removed the plugin and relaunched FileMaker, and all is normal. I quit and put the plugin back in Extensions, and the same "Please Wait" box came up. As I've typed this, the percentage is still low.

Does anyone know if this is normal?

Also, while waiting I've been reading the docs. I can see how to get the HTML component of an retrieved incoming mail, but I don't see how the message can be viewed. Does anyone know what procedure is used?

Thanks for any help!

Screen Shot 2018-06-22 at 12.57.07 PM.png

Hi Troy,

What you are seeing is expected behavior. The first time ever initializing, the plugin will download support files it needs to operate. I am not sure why the download is taking so long, I suspect some kind of network latency as usually only take about 20 seconds. You can manually download and place the files in the correct location by following the instructions here for Mac. 

Thanks, Ryan. This makes sense, the Internet for our entire region is badly overloaded. The file set you directed me to is 326 MB, and that can take a very long time to download. 

It would be helpful if the Please Wait box explained that it is downloading. I would have understood right away what the problem was.

We expect to have fiber-to-the-building in September, and everything will work much better.

This topic is 2131 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.