Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Email Account Authentication with G Suite

This topic is 2128 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi,

I’m using FM 17 Sendmail with Multiple attachments on the server to send email via a selection of google accounts all managed under one Google Suite account.  

All accounts have already been set to allow less secure apps access, but what I have also found is for each account, email will not be sent unless the device IP (sending the email) is also known to the account.

I can make this happen by logging into each account on the server via a browser so that the account learns the server IP, but this is problematic.  I don’t own the accounts and although I have account details, each account has different 2 factor verification.  It’s a lot of hoops to jump through.

So my question is can I set up some sort of high level recognition on the G Suite admin account which will recognise the server IP for all of the children accounts?

Thanks in advance

Cath 

Have you tried using an app password? Depending on how the account is set up, it may be the only way Gmail works consistently.  You name the app password, so you can remember it. Then copy the password it gives you. Then enter that app password into the SMTP settings in the script step. 

This has resolved all the problems I was having, especially on an account where 2FA was on. 

https://support.google.com/a/answer/1032419?hl=en

This topic is 2128 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.