Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Filtering on the spoke ?

This topic is 2079 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Can I filter records without having them deleted on the spoke by the sync ?

Let's say I have a table "Things" with a field "User" and I want to sync all the things of a particular user but would also like to keep the records of User 'Default' without having to sync them (there are many , they don't have to be synced and they would be included in the empty database).

I know I could set the filter to User=$User or User="Default" but would like to set it to only User=$User

If I set the filter in the "FindChanges" section of the mirrorsync customization script, will the filter be applied to device data too or only on the hub and all the default user things will end up being deleted ?

Hopefully I explained it clearly enough.

Thanks

Edited by sfpx

No, it can't work exactly as you'd like. Any filter you set up on the hub will cause non-matching records to be deleted on the spoke. You'll need to do the workaround you already discussed: User=$User or User="default"

I didn't exactly understand your last question about the filter being applied to device data or only on the hub.

4 minutes ago, Jesse Barnum said:

No, it can't work exactly as you'd like. Any filter you set up on the hub will cause non-matching records to be deleted on the spoke. You'll need to do the workaround you already discussed: User=$User or User="default"

That's what I thought.

Thanks 

This topic is 2079 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.