List View - How to get it to show me how many of each category under a value list field

littlered136

This topic is 2019 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi

under the scene list layout which displays in list view. I get it to sort via the characters but then also by their status.

I wanted it to display somewhere on each record line it displays a record number. 

for example so I can see I have 2 that are the diva character and have been selected and 1 diva character that has been rejected 

so it puts a 1 on the line that is the first selected person, then a 2 on the next selected person or a total so when it has many people listed as each character I can see how many I have quickly without having to add it.

Hope this makes sense?

Username is admin

password is pirates

any help is appreciated.....

thanks

Character_database.fmp12

Hello,

So if i understand, you want to know how many Diva are rejected, are selected and display it in list mode after sort ?

you could use a statistic field with count the id

Something like that ?795019359_Capturedecran2018-08-29a15_10_20.png.226bfeb5342da7b41bb0186df45344ed.png

yes... so if I had another character called super heroes I could see how many are selected....

so I can see I have 4 superhero selected

then say 3 divas selected

I am very new to this and adjusted this list view from a different set up in the list view.

I am not quite sure how to set this up... 

do I need to make the static field a calculation of some sort??

sorry for my ignorance... I am trying to learn and have ago my self at trying to get it to do this, but I am very green!

thanks for your help so far!

amazing.. I see now.. thank you.... 

I was just trying to have a go after your last post and was trying calculations but it was just telling me the total displayed for everything... 

thank you so much for your help, it is really appreciated.

I'm trying to do something far more complicated on another section of this database, but though as I was having no luck I wold try something simpler to give me some more confidence back.. 

Thank you again for giving me some of your time and help.

Sarah

• 1 month later...

Hi Tom

I was wondering if I could call up on your offer of help on the other part I was trying to sort out you mentioned you might be able to?

I might just need a little point in the right direction. The person I paid to help with the database recoded it a while ago and forgot to put a feature back into it and I have only just seen it is missing. He seems to have gone AWOL so I am trying to see if I can add it back in myself. I can see how he did it in the original database, but not how I can do it in the new one. 

If you think you wouldn't mind maybe looking and pointing me in a direction so I can have a go as I would like to understand  maybe how he is calculating the totals to I can add back in this feature. 

Hope this ramble makes a little sense.

Thanks

Sarah

This topic is 2019 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.