Server Maintenance This Week. ×

"Plug-in Initialization Error"

This topic is 2047 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've had users report an odd error with a ScriptMaster-based plugin on Windows.

I have very limited information at this time, and will get the logs, tem files, etc next week, but am hoping to hear about experiences from others to debug the issue more efficiently.

"Sometimes" it causes an error with a message: "Plug-in Initialization Error" when you launch FileMaker (a runtime, in this case).

I haven't found that specific phrase on the forum or on the support pages - has anyone seen it before?

Restarting the computer seems to help, and since it's intermittent, it doesn't look like it's an error on the actual first initialization of the plugin.

Screen Shot 2018-08-31 at 15.40.10.png

Having obtained some more information, I am now speculating that the issue could be related to Roaming User Profiles, and the fact that the 360Works plugins store log files and plugin copies as dll files in the temp directory, which, depending on network connections etc, may be either local or roaming.

It would be very useful to have more detailed information about how the 360Works plugins handle Roaming User Profiles, in particular in the context of network connection changes, computer sleep, VPN log-on/off, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday I created a new plugin with ScriptMaster 5.1 and I've had random problems with initialization.

In 80% of the computers everything works as expected but in some machines the plugin refuses to initialize. This is happening in both Mac and Windows and I have no clue of where to look for errors. I've removed the plugin and it still refuses to initialize.

Hope you can give some help here.

• Like 1

This topic is 2047 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.