Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Plugin created with ScriptMaster 5.1 refuses to initialize

This topic is 2033 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello

Yesterday I created a plugin with ScriptMaster 5.1. It only has 5 functions.

In most computers it shows the "Preparing Plugin for First use Dialog", sometimes it takes several minutes but finally it ends and the plugin starts working as expected. However, in 20-25% of the computers I've installed it (via Install Plug-In script step) I'm getting initialization errors. The plugin shows unchecked and it fails to initialize if I try to activate the check box.

I've looked everywhere to see what I can delete in order to have the "Preparing Plugin...." dialog again to see if I am luckier this time but nothing seems to help and my users are starting to get angry.

Please find attached the plugin I made (Win32, Win64 and Mac) and some log files i could find.

Hope you can help me.

EikonsysOne_CFDi_52.zip

Hi Ibrahim,

In the cases where the plugin is failing to initialize, do you see the "Preparing plugin..." message? If so, the failure may be due to the required support files not downloading completely/correctly. You may be able remedy the situation by deleting those files and manually re-installing them. Please see the instruction on this page (section 7 or 8 depending on the operating system). If manually installing does not resolve the issue, please see section 9 of that same page for getting the temp logs and send them in an email to [email protected] and reference this thread. 

Hi Ryan

In all cases where it has failed, the progress dialog never completed. When I restarted Filemaker then i got the initialization error. I never knew what else to delete in order to make the process start fresh. Last night I don't know what I did but could make it work in one PC. Honestly I don't know what – among the ton of things I did – was the solution. I remember removing all previous versions of java, removing the 360Works folder among others. I tried to repeat the process with the other computers but they all failed.

Let me take a look at the information you sent me and will  get back to you.

Edited by Ibrahim Bittar

Happy to help! Just for your own information, the file that is downloading on the first ever initialization is a "sandboxed" JRE that the plugin will use exclusively. It only runs when the plugin is initialized and shuts down when the plugin is shutdown. This means that uninstalling/installing other Javas to the system will have no effect on the plugin. So if the download of that JRE fails or can't unpack (it's a zipped download) then I would suspect to see the plugin fail to initialize. You may have discovered this already, but to kick off that download again, you need to delete the 360Works folder referenced in those instructions. If you are still having issues with that one computer, please follow the instructions for getting the temporary logs and send them to [email protected]

This topic is 2033 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.