Change Log

This topic is 2017 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Greetings 

I wonder if anyone knows of a method for FMP to monitor the fields and records in my database for changes, flag and report the changes on a semi-regular basis?

if I can achieve a report, it would massively simplify my update process, for hard-copy and PDF distributed documents.

TIA for any suggestions!

RS

I really like UltraLog. There is some development you need to do if you want it to email you notifications. But the logging process is easy. And I believe he provides scripts to take log data and push it to a separate table also.

It will depend a little on how comfortable you are with scripting.

@bcooney: many thanks! The google search has definitely thrown-up some interesting possibilities! I’ll look at each and see how best to implement.

Why? My database stores around 450-odd different airstrips for which there has previously been no or very little data available for, as well as another 800-odd route and approach waypoints. The airstrip records each comprise roughly 90 unique data-points, the waypoints a lot simpler at under 10 data-points. I currently publish the data as PDF documents both electronically and as hard copy. The electronic document I further process with internal document links, which is currently running to around 900 links, every time I update the document. That’s a laborious manual process.

The ability to print only (both electronic and hard copy documents) that have data-point changes since the last release, will simplify updating both documents massively. Additionally, from the audit data, I should be able to release a Change-log document, detailing what changes have been made where, allowing pilots to easily see which documents they may need to review fully and carefully, with respect to their daily operational needs.

@Josh Ormond again thanks! I’ll be looking at UltraLog also. Email I’m not too worried about -and as always, I have some learning to do w Scripting as much as w FMP generally 🤪

many thanks for the suggestions guys

RS

This topic is 2017 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.