How to install plugin in Runtime version

This topic is 2002 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Looking for some help in using the FM Books Connector Plugin in a Runtime solution. 

The Solution runs perfectly in standard Filemkaer pro but would like to move it to a machine without FMPro on it. 

The Runtime works, but shows the FM connector Demo SplashScreen on start up (I have not tried to use the Runtime with QB yet because I am not convinced the Plugin is registered and working) 

#1 Where should the files for the runtime solution be located, which directories. There is no FMPro installed on the machine only the runtime version (so C:\Users\<current user>\AppData\Local\FileMaker\Extensions does not exist.)

#2 How to install the QB Bridge (?)

I have a registration script so on startup it can register the plugin, once i get it in there. 

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Hi Trebor,

Runtime versions of FileMaker have their own Extensions folder that any needed plug-ins should be placed into. Usually, this is in the runtime's primary folder, in the "Extensions" subfolder. Place the plug-in into that folder to have FileMaker Runtime load the plug-in on initialization.

To install the QB Bridge, when you download the installer package of the FM Books Connector, we have included in the Extras folder a copy of the QB Bridge installer as a standalone installation package. Normally, you'd just run the primary installer (the first "setup.exe" file), which would take care of the plug-in and the QB Bridge program all in one go. But some instances only need the bridge file separate, so we have the separate QB Bridge installer provided. You'd simply run that setup.exe file and it will take care of installing the bridge.

Hope this helps!

Chris Turner

Hi

Have a look at the "Install Plug-in File" script step.

If you save the plug-in to a container you can use the above step to install the plug-in. Great thing about this is it works in all FM applications (except FM Go) and you don't have to worry about where to store the plug-in.

HTH

This topic is 2002 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.