360 Works Email - PSOS One Way Sending

This topic is 1978 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

360 Works Email in our environment is running slow, and taking some time for some of our emails to arrive.  To be upfront, we do have a lot of activity on our system we use at Relevant Radio throughout the day and the plugin is being called on extensively.  However, we only use the plugin for one way communication (order advisories).

I am not too sure how to bring some of my scripts over to perform script on server, as many of them rely on layout contexts, attachments and links.   I'm pretty sure if I could move some of the demand PSOS it would free up the log jam we experience most every day. Any suggestions on some easy to understand ways to tackle this would be appreciated. 

Thanks, 

Frank

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Frankb3,

Not sure if you have found a way to resolve this. Moving scripts to server side require adding exactly what you stated, context. This means that you will need to modify the script to have said context with instructions like go to layout, go to record, or using find mode to get to a specific record. Without knowing the workflow for sending out emails or how familiar you are with FileMaker, I can only provide a typical example: Employee needs to send out order advisory to customer. Employee opens FileMaker database and navigates to Customer's respective record. Employee clicks Send button which runs the Send Advisory script via PSOS with a script parameter of Customer::customerID.  Send Advisory script first calls EmailRegister (important for server side scripts), goes to Customer layout and performs a find on the customerID field with the script parameter. It then creates and sends the email based on the specific customer's information. 

Hopefully that helps!

This topic is 1978 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.