FileMaker 12 database ona website

candell

This topic is 1961 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

FYI I tried to add this to the Filemaker community page but don't think it worked hence adding here also.

I have been tasked with creating a website for a charity, part of the website will be a searchable archive of all of their historic data. This data is stored in Filemaker Pro 12 on the historians machine.

He has provided me with 4 .fmp12 files, I downloaded a trial version that I found here http://www.filemaker.com/redirects/ss.html?file=PRO12MAC however none of his files will open.

The website runs on Wordpress which is php based, the database is a maria database although I am happy to use whatever method I need to get this data on to the website and searchable.

I was expecting to open the files in the trial version, export as csv and create and import in to the maria database.

Is this possible with filemaker, do you think I would be better downloading a trial of the latest version, will his files open ok in the latest version?

Unfortunately I have no experience of filemaker so am struggling a little.

Thanks for any advice anyone may be able to provide.

The .fmp12 format is the current file format. Any version of FileMaker Pro from v.12  and up until the current v.17 should be able to open .fmp12 files. 

do you think I would be better downloading a trial of the latest version, will his files open ok in the latest version?

I don't know why his files wouldn't open in version 12 - so I cannot predict what will happen in a later version. What is your platform and OS version?

• Newbies

Thank you for your reply. I am on Mac OS 10.14.1 (Mojave), I know the historian is also on Mac but unsure which version.

Opening filemaker I get the message

"This application has been installed incorrectly or modified by another program. Please run the Installer to get a fresh copy of the application after determining the cause."

I have never had filemaker on this machine prior to the version I downloaded on the original post.

Trying to open his .fmp12 file I receive the same message. Seems to be an install issue atm

Is my plan of exporting as csv and importing this in to a maria database the best method for getting his database on the website?

Edited by candell

Well, version 12 is not supported on Mojave, so that could be the reason why it didn't work for you. If he's still using version 12 on his Mac, he must be running a pretty ancient version of macOS too.

See if you have better luck with the latest version. Note that currently there are some issues with v.17 under Mojave, but I don't think these should affect you in your stated task.

Edited by comment

• Newbies

You my friend are awesome, the files are opening.

A couple of the files contain images and are viewed as Layout: Input with the photo in the center. I changed the layout to 'All by item' but the data isn't there. 

I will move my further questions to the v17 forum, thank you for getting me there.

This topic is 1961 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.