Server Maintenance This Week. ×

SVG blurry

This topic is 1962 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

comment,

In FileMaker ... I zoom in, just like what the customer does .... zoom in, screenshot, print pic (customer ) 

I've attached two window zoomed in at the same time.  FileMkaer w/webviewer and safari browser.

FileMaker never blurs, as well as the website (SVG tutorial ) yet when I use SVG inside FileMaker's webviewer you can see the red box and text are blurry ??

It is just frustrating .... everybody says to use SVG to avoid pixilation.  Yet when I take the time, figure it all out, use it, nothing changes.

So what is going here ?

FileMaker never blurs ?? yet inside the webviewer, the red svg line and the text blur ?? why ??

1962417673_ScreenShot2018-12-09at5_03_58PM.thumb.png.ef052dc5a66b14a472bcf0d94d4465a3.png

My experience is different from yours. Or maybe I don't understand what you're describing.

From what I see, when you zoom in on a Filemaker layout containing a web viewer, the contents of the web viewer become pixelated. This is regardless of what the web viewer is showing - IOW, this has nothing to do with SVG.

BTW, I can't say I am really surprised by this, because from the very little I know about it, matching the zoom level inside the web viewer to the rest of the layout would be quite a feat. As it is, the web viewer is just a foreign object tacked on to the layout.

That said, there's nothing stopping you from enabling the customer to zoom in on the SVG inside the web viewer.

comment,

I've done that ... meaning zoomed in within the webviewer and after exhaustive research there is an issue with the ratio between the initail webviewer/canvas size (apparently) and the new zoom state.

Anyway, I switched to and spent three days in SVG tutorieal with the hope that SVG would correct this issue but evidently not.

I have to now integrate the following concept into the hmtl ... ? 😞 the SVG blur must be relatable ? who knows.

So I am in the process now trying to find someone who can school me the integration of this html into the html I've already written.

Thank you.

There is a difference in how HTML5 Canvas and SVG will behave when enlarged inside a browser/web viewer. For this reason, you may have been right to prefer SVG (though I am not 100% convinced that the same effect cannot be achieved using other methods to dynamically control the size of canvas objects).  But again, this has nothing to do with zooming on a Filemaker layout. Here, it doesn't matter what you do - the entire web viewer is treated as a rendered image.

This topic is 1962 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.