Multiple Pages with Standardized Forms

Matt.C

This topic is 1883 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm attempting to re-create some existing "paper" business forms in FileMaker, and have run into a bit of a challenge on how to set the forms up. I have attached a mock-up of a similar type of form, and how I'm envisioning the database structure and data-entry layout looking. Here's where I'm stuck-- If there are more than 2 involved people or  more than 2 witnesses, additional pages are required. 

In this example, there is 1 injured person and 3 witnesses, therefore 2 pages are required.

On the first page is the 1 injured person, the details, incident codes, and my first 2 witnesses.

On the second page is witness 3 - involved person, details and codes are left blank.

Because of the nature of the form, there could be incidents with multiple "involved people" and no witnesses, or 1 involved person and a bunch of witnesses.

Any suggestions?

Corporate - H&S - Incident Form - Mockup.pdf

This is going to be convoluted, because your target format is. Off the top my head, I would first figure out how many pages will be required (max of (people involved, witnesses) / 2). Then print each page individually, using either filtered portals or an auxiliary relationship to exclude the people listed on previous pages.

• 1 month later...

Thanks... I suspected it wasn't going to be easy. I'm working now to change how the report is populated, but may end up needing to use some type of temporary tables/records to do the linking and produce the report.

Cheers!

Matt

This topic is 1883 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.