FM Starting Point Estimates & Invoices layout - Stop Refresh of line item pop over.

This topic is 1786 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi, 

I am looking for a solution to help me add multiple line items from the "Add Line Items" popover on the estimates and invoices layout. 

What I would like to do is search for a subset of products in the popover, then add the line item without refreshing the popover each time an item is added. 

Currently, as I understand two scripts are running for this popover.       (0930) Trigger | Refresh Search Estimates (Mouse & Touch) and      (0930) Trigger | Refresh Search Estimates (Mouse & Touch)

Could somebody please help me understand how I can adapt the scripts so that the search does not refresh. 

Very new to FM so any help much appreciated. 

Regards, 

Jake

• 4 months later...

Hey Jake,

The script is built in to the popover to run when it is closed. To prevent the search from clearing, you will need to make a small edit to a script. We have renumbered our scripts a few times, so without knowing which version of FMSP you are using, I can't give you a number, but the name is "Popover | Add Product Item from Portal Selection Slide Panel".

To remove the clear for the portal filter, you will need to do the following steps:

1.)  Open the Script Workplace (File>Manage>Scripts or cmd+Shift+S)

2.)  Find the "Popover | Add Product Item from Portal Selection Slide Panel" script in the "Invoices" folder

3.)  Select the line that says "Set field [T12_Invoices::g_Search;""] and delete it (It's line 9 in the latest version of FMSP)

4.)  Make sure you save the change with either cmd/ctrl+S or by selecting "Save" on the dialogue that appears after closing the script

That should do it! Let me know if you have any questions, and as always, feel free to email us at [email protected] if you'd like help modifying your version of FMSP, or any other FileMaker database!

Thanks,

Jonathan Hogle

This topic is 1786 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.