Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Duplicates!!

This topic is 1912 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I don't know what's going on but today, each record created on the device is being duplicated (on the device) after the sync to the server.

I haven't changed my mirrorsync config or custom script.

What I did though was to try to install the ssl certificate.

I was successful . Tried a sync with no creation ...looked fine to me.

I then created a record and got the duplicate.

I then disabled ssl in the filemaker server 16 admin console and rebooted the server.

I started from scratch with  an initial sync.

Looked fine.

Created a record , synced and got the duplicate again.

Note that I haven't changed the mirrisync config to use ssl...but anyway I reverted to bon ssl and still get the duplicate

Any idea ?

Please do the following:

* Do a no-change sync

* Create a new record

* Sync it and verify that a duplicate gets created. Note the exact time of the sync.

* File a problem report (using the link on the MirrorSync launch page), and be sure to tell us the primary key(s) of both records (the original and the dupe), and the time that the sync ran.

18 minutes ago, Jesse Barnum said:

Please do the following:

* Do a no-change sync

* Create a new record

* Sync it and verify that a duplicate gets created. Note the exact time of the sync.

* File a problem report (using the link on the MirrorSync launch page), and be sure to tell us the primary key(s) of both records (the original and the dupe), and the time that the sync ran.

Thanks Jesse.

I actually filed quite a few problem reports with logs.

The problems are really really weird and I am under high pressure to fix them (we have 26 devices and a lot more are waiting to be added)

I also had the strangest thing happening today .

A user got records created with primary keys corresponding to other records from other tables.

Example:

Table "Days"

A record was created with an UUID of the table "reports" (5DFB1DC6-FA48-384C-9EE5-46CA40EECF5B) that was not even to be synced to that user.

That data inside that record was  copied from another day record (D18C9460-5E8F-5346-8A37-4134EEA114EF)

Really strange

In the log file

update target nodeId=5DFB1DC6-FA48-384C-9EE5-46CA40EECF5B; source nodeId=D18C9460-5E8F-5346-8A37-4134EEA114EF;

You can get the logs in tickets 73709 , 73710 and 73711

Note that all the problems seem to have been generated from users who synced the day I installed the ssl certificate.

Users who did not sync that day did not get any duplicates (because I eventually deleted the cert) as far as I know.

Still not quite sure the ssl cert is the cause of all this though.

Edited by sfpx

This topic is 1912 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.